Selling your manufactured home
If you decide to sell your manufactured home there are several
steps you will need to take:
NEVER let a buyer assume or take over your payments on your current loan. If they do not make the payments it is YOUR credit rating that will be ruined!
- Call your finance company to determine how much you still owe on your home - how much is the payoff amount.
- Next, determine the value of your home. You can go to a local dealer of manufactured homes and ask them to find the value for you.
If you will be purchasing a home from them after selling your existing home they will probably be glad to do this for free. If
not, they may expect a small fee. Some banks may have a Blue Book and
some local libraries may have one as well. A recommended alternative is to
have a licensed appraiser appraise your home. The average cost for this service is around $200-$300.
- Now it is time to write an ad. Since newspapers usually place the ads alphabetically try to lead off with a word that starts with an "A."
Place the ad in your local paper. Be prepared to give directions to the home, the price and a time that will be mutually
agreeable for you to show the home.
- Buy some "For Sale" signs and put at least one in a front window and one in the yard in plain view. This will make the home easy to locate.
- It is a good idea to know of a manufactured home banker that you can recommend to the potential buyers.
Back to Section 1 |
Back to Previous Page |