Whom to contact if you have a problem with your manufactured home

First, contact your manufactured home retailer. Then follow up with a written list of problems to the retailer, manufacturer and installer. You should keep a copy of all correspondence for your personal records. Follow up any correspondence with a call to the retailer and/or manufacturer to discuss your problems and schedule a service appointment. If your home is not repaired within a reasonable time period, or if the responsible party refuses to make repairs, you should contact the State Administrative Agency, (SAA), that has been approved by HUD to administer and oversee the Federal Manufactured Housing Program in your state. The SAA may assist the homeowner in resolving problems with a manufactured home if the manufacturer and/or retailer has been unresponsive to the homeowner's service request. If you live in a state that is not listed on the SAA Listings Page, you will need to contact HUD in Washington, D.C. at 1-800-927-2891. Fax # (202) 708-4213. E-mail address: mhs@hud.gov.

Be prepared to give the SAA or HUD the following information: your name, address, city, state, home and work phone numbers, e-mail address if available, your home's HUD label and serial number(s), and the manufacturer's and retailer's names and phone numbers.

Home | Back to Section 1 | Section 2