Constructing a manufactured home
- Manufactured homes start with a steel frame which has wheels and a hitch attached. To support the outside walls of the home
outriggers are put on.
- The wooden flooring is constructed and the
heat ducts, plumbing lines, insulation are installed.
- Accesses to plumbing are installed, carpet and other floor coverings are laid.
- The furnace and hot water heater are both installed.
- Walls are fastened securely to floors.
- Insulation and pre-wiring are then put into place.
- Cabinets are installed.
- Electrical receptacles and switches are connected.
- The house is plumbed.
- Ceilings are secured into place with vapor barrier and insulation installed.
- Roofing, siding, windows and doors are next.
- A final inspection checks for flaws. If any are found, they are fixed.
Section 1 |
Back to Section 2